Nuisance Wildlife

Animal Control Officers are NOT licensed to remove unwanted wildlife from property, homes or business (examples: squirrels in attics, skunks under sheds, raccoons in chimney's).

Massachusetts law prohibits the capture and re-location of wildlife. It is illegal to move any live wildlife from one location to another.

Property owners can contact the MassWildlife Central District Office for personal technical advice at (508) 389-6300. A licensed Problem Animal Control (PAC) agent can also be contracted to assist homeowners/businesses with unwanted wildlife.

Local Licensed Agents Reference List (others may be located in your local yellow pages)

Sick/Injured/Orphaned Wildlife may be transported to a Licensed Wildlife Rehabilitor. Division of Fisheries and Wildlife (MASSWILDLIFE) may be contacted to get the phone number of a licensed Rehabilitor.

*Always remember personal safety and exposure to diseases before handling any type of wildlife on your own*