Members are elected and serve 3-year terms. The Selectmen serve as the Chief Executive Officers of the Town of Milford.
Examples of the duties and responsibilities of the Board of Selectmen include:
- Appointing Authority for many Town Boards and Committees, and for employees of the Departments under their jurisdiction
- Licensing Board for the Town
- Fiduciary responsibility for Town finances
- Signs Warrants for the payment of all Town bills
- Issues Warrants for Annual Town Meeting and Special Town Meetings