Composting is a great way to recycle our organic "waste" into a beneficial soil amendment for our yards and gardens. Composting at home is easy, helping to reduce Greenhouse Gases and reducing methane production at landfills. Using the compost in our landscapes helps store carbon in the soil instead of releasing it to the atmosphere. By composting, you can reduce your trash by 50 percent or more by removing leaves, grass clippings, garden debris, fruit peels, vegetable scraps, tea bags, coffee grounds, egg shells, paper towels, napkins and even paper bags from your trash.
Milford Board of Health has been working with Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection (MassDEP) to offer composting options to the community. Starting in the spring, we are excited to be able to offer 80 Gallon Compost Bins for $25.00 each. The Earth Machine is a durable backyard compost bin designed to compost food and yard waste. It will produce an all-natural soil conditioner, which provides gardens with much needed nutrients, while helping to retain moisture in the soil.
- Easy snap-together assembly which takes only minutes
- Large capacity 80 gallon
- Vertical and horizontal columnar ventilation, no corners for materials to dry out
- Convenient 13 in. x 16.5 in. harvest door
- Manufactured from recycled material
- Twist locking lid
- Bins are only available at the Milford Transfer Recycle Station on a first come first served basis, as supplies are limited
- We are able to sell at 50% off our cost, compared to $100 or more at retail stores which may not include a base