Applicants should inquire with the following departments prior to opening a food establishment
- Buidling and Inspections
- Planning and Engineering
- Board of Health - Operate a Food Establishment Application
- Board of Selectmen - Only if seating will be available
- Town Clerk's Office - Business Certificate Application
Updated Food Code
The Allergy Requirements have been added to 105 CMR 590 (adopted June 9, 2010). A poster shall be prominently placed in employee work areas regarding:
- Major food allergens
- Health risk of food allergies
- Procedures to follow if a customer states that they have a food allergy
- Emergency procedures to follow if a customer has an allergic reaction
Posters are available for download below - Food Allergies - English Version (PDF) or Food Allergies - Spanish Version (PDF).
Notice shall be placed on menus and menu boards which reads, "Before placing your order, please inform your server if a person in your party has a food allergy" (language must not be altered).
Food Allergy Awareness Training by the Certified Food Protection Manager. A certification shall be posted on site and will be valid for 5 years.