How to Prepare Trash and Recycling - Info Flier for Property Owners and Tenants
The Town of Milford has contracted with E.L. Harvey & Sons, Inc. for weekly pickup and removal of solid waste in the town.
E.L. Harvey & Sons, Inc. 1 (800) 321-3002
* MATTRESSES ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTED as a bulk item. Mattresses and boxsprings need to be brought to the Transfer Station and there will be a $20.00 fee for each boxspring or mattress.
- Each dwelling including apartments of no more than five (5) dwelling units is entitled to this service.
- All garbage and recyclable material must be placed at the edge of the roadway by 7:00 am.
- Each unit is allowed up to four (4) items.
- Each item shall not weigh more than 50 lbs. or exceed 35 gallons in size.
- Each household is allowed one (1) oversized item per week (i.e. couch, chair).
- No large metal items unless they display a sticker which is available from the Board of Health office (i.e. appliances, lawn mowers, grills)
- Awkward items must be into four (4) foot lengths.
- Large auto parts will not be collected at curbside.
- No earth stones, tree trunks, brush, grass, leaves, Christmas trees, construction debris, oil tanks and other non-household items will be collected at curbside.
- When a collection day falls on a holiday (New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving & Christmas), that day's collections and all remaining collections for the week will be delayed one day. If any of these holidays falls on a weekend, they will NOT be delayed. To learn your collection day, call EL Harvey at 1-800-321-3002 or the Board of Health at (508) 634-2315.
- Please also view the Residential Trash Regulations and Guide to curbside recycling collection.
Recyclables are collected every other week on your regular trash collection day. To see which street is an A-week or B-week click here or call EL Harvey at 1-800-321-3002 or the Board of Health at (508) 634-2315.
- Set your bin at the curb at lease 4 feet from trash.
- Place newspapers in paper bags beside or on top of bin.
- Included in paper recyclables are: newspapers, magazines, junk mail, white paper, computer paper, phone books and chip board. Do not tie
- Place all other material together in bin.
- Metal materials include: metal food and beverage cans, can lids, aluminum foil and trays.
- Glass materials include: bottles and jars, all colors and sizes.
- Plastic materials include: All bottles, jars, and tubs, juice and milk cartons, and drink boxes.
- No plastic coated paper, food residue, tissues, or napkins.
- No pizza boxes or waxed boxes.
- No scrap metal, aerosol cans, paint cans, or propane tanks.
- Rinse material and remove caps, lids, and neck rings.
- Please also view the Guide to curbside recycling collection
Whenever a scheduled collection day falls on a holiday, that day's collection and all the remaining collections for the week will be delayed one day. Friday's collections will be made on Saturday. If any of these holidays falls on a weekend, they will NOT be delayed. On the following official EL Harvey hoildays, trash will not be collected:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day