The following information sourced from mass.gov will assist you and your family if you are in crisis and are in need of Massachusetts shelter services.
To apply for shelter services, please call (866) 584-0653 and speak with a Homeless Coordinator. There is no on-line application for emergency shelter. You must call the number above for assistance.
Find emergency family shelter
Families facing a housing crisis may be deemed eligible if they meet the following criteria:
- Be a resident of Massachusetts
- Meet the gross income standards for Emergency Assistance
- Have needy children under the age of 21, or be pregnant
and the reason for homelessness is one of the following:
- No-fault fire, flood, natural disaster, condemnation, or foreclosure
- Fleeing domestic violence (current or within past 12 months)
- No-fault eviction
- Child(ren) are exposed to a substantial health and safety risk
Emergency Assistance applicants must provide all requested verifications within 30 days.
Emergency Housing Assistance Resource Information click the blue text to access additional resource information provided by the Massachusetts government.