The Senior Center provides many Social Services, our Client Services Coordinator, Catherine G. Ziesmer, LSW, provides assistance with the challenges of aging to those 60 and older, as well as to disabled adults younger than 60. If there is difficulty completing personal care, housework or food preparation, Catherine will make a referral to the VNA and/or Tri-Valley, Inc. Grief support and referrals to support groups are offered to help through the grieving process. She provides home visits, as well as telephone reassurance, and will also make referrals to support groups for other issues such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, strokes, etc. Many elders need help with completing applications for services such as SNAP (formerly food stamps), MassHealth, and Housing. Catherine provides referrals to protective services, the food pantry, legal assistance, and to charities including St. Vincent De Paul, Salvation Army, and Catholic Charities. She is trained in the SMART 911 program, a system that shares vital personal and medical information with response teams in the event of an emergency. Catherine works on Monday, Wednesday & Friday. You can reach Catherine at (508) 473-8334 or via email.
The Transportation Program provides Milford residents over the age of 60, or under the age of 60 and disabled, the option to use our senior van for medical appointments within Milford or Hopedale, as well as for all errands or grocery shopping within Milford. Hopedale residents over the age of 60, or under the age of 60 and disabled, may use our senior van for medical appointments only, within Milford or Hopedale. All MassHealth members must use the M.A.R.T. program provided through MassHealth for all their medical transportation.
Out-of-town medical transportation service is for eligible Milford residents only who are seeking a ride to a specialist. Contact our transportation coordinator, Marie O’Leary at (508) 473-8334 for more details before making your appointment as we have limitations on the use of our out-of-town service.
Please note: Hopedale residents must call the Hopedale Senior Center at (508) 634-2208 to request the transportation.
Nutrition Program and Congregate Meals
The Tri-Valley Meals on Wheels program offers a Congregate Meal at the Milford Senior Center daily (Monday through Thursday) from 11:45 AM to 2:30 PM. To reserve your meal, please call (508) 478-8102. A $3 donation is requested. Meals on Wheels home delivery is also available by contacting Tri-Valley directly at (800) 286-6640.
Fitness Facility is open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and on Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Many fitness classes are available and we also offer state of the art equipment designed to meet the needs of the Seniors. individual fitness plans can be developed by certified trainers to meet the individual needs of the seniors.
A Wellness Nurse is on-site Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM for the following;
- Blood pressure assessments
- Medication consultations
- Referrals and preventative health care advice
SHINE (Serving the Health Insurance Needs of Everyone)
Trained counselors are available to offer free, unbiased, confidential counseling on all aspects of health insurance to anyone on Medicare or Medicaid. Call (800) 243-4636 to make an appointment
Other Services Provided
- Fuel Assistance – Financial support through SMOC.
- Tax Preparation (AARP) - Free tax preparation.
- Senior Volunteer Tax Relief - Real Estate tax reduction program in exchange for volunteer hours.
- BJ’s Membership – Discount membership available.
- Hairdresser/Barber – Available Friday mornings from 9:00 AM to12:00 PM
- Gift Shop – Open Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Notary Public – Call for appointment.
- Newsletter – Bio-monthly newsletter providing a list of daily and monthly activities, services, special events, trips and other important information.
- Legal Assistance – Free legal service to low income and elderly offered by Community Legal Aid by calling (855) 252-5342. Milford Bar Association is also available at the Milford District Court the first and third Wednesdays of the month from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM. and at the Senior Center second Wednesday of every month from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM. Please call the Senior Center at (508) 473-8334 to set up an appointment.